Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mind Freak

I've actually had writer's block since I first got word,
that the pathologist first diagnosis was completely absurd.
Living with "cancer" for the past 3 weeks was emotionally draining.
Now to learn it's benign....that's great, I'm not complaining.
But what an incredible Mind Freak, to prepare for this voyage,
the flood of emotions from despair to self pity to courage.

I know I should feel elated, jubilant, overwhelming relief.
But I am just short on emotions, this has been beyond belief.
I am greatly relived that this journey is nearly over
and as a result has brought my friends and family closer.

To those that love me and offered what ever I needed.
I can't begin to thank you, all your prayers have succeeded.
So I guess I'll have to rename my blog, Dancer will be retired.
Rhymes with Pre-Menopause? Or something more inspired?

Thank you to all my family and friends for the outpouring of emotional support.
I am truly in your debt and please call me if you ever need anything.

1 comment:

  1. No need to thank us, you'd do the same.
    So happy to hear that you're not going insane.
    "You're Unbelievable" and definitely "Got the Power"
    I'm glad this disease did not make you cower.
    For "I Love Your Smile" and how you "Bust A Move"
    Who else could be my California Raisin, no one but you.
    I'm overjoyed that your tests came back benign, I admit,
    After all, you're Tricia, You're "2 Legit, 2 Legit to Quit" (Hey, hey!)

    ReplyDelete